Friday, January 19, 2007

The Rocky Horror Diary Part 1

So I have decided to start writing a blog about the experience of the Rocky Horror Show. I was inspired by the blog Martin Ball started about Wicked. It was a really cool experience to read it so I thought I'd do the same for those Rocky fans out there!

So rehearsals started 2 weeks ago. We had a read through, which was a laugh and then followed by two intensive 'Brad and Janet' rehearsals, which were fun but you see Alex, who is playing Janet had a little cold which she probably gave me during those two rehearsals... but never mind.. I think when you are sick, you learn to appreciate your voice more!

This week the foreign musical director Andy Reiss came down to Malta and we had to learn all the harmonies of all the numners in four days. It is just lovely to hear all those voices, especially because I haven't been in a musical in a while! It's going to be fab! Frankenfurter has been brought down from the UK and he is just a lovely guy. We decided that the signature of the show is going to consist of myself, him and Alex shouting 'boobiees!!!!' in a really harsh masculine voice. Whenever we did this, it was always followed by a roar of laughter!!

I have to be careful not to give away too much because it will ruin the surprise for those people who will be coming to watch the show out of curiousity! But those who are curioous, trust me, there is LOADS to see. Sometimes, they even catch ME by surprise.

Anyway, I am going to leave you now because I am going to start getting stuff ready for a weekend of teaching!

xxx

1 comment:

Petals said...

Hi mattie!!!

(as u told me to add...) i'm feeling rather bold and have decided to leave a comment here on ur sweet blog...

I'm so excited about coming to watch this musical! We get to dress up and participate... sortof like panto.. only in tune and with audible lyrics! (no offence panto ppl! i love panto too and watch it religiously every yr!!!)

NEEE HUUU- more blogs matthew, more blogs! I love having to find out about ur life from here! hehe

Love u lots..
One of yr devout followers lol,

Petals xxx

My Active Social Life

The Rocky Horror Diary Part 3 ....DONT DREAM IT.....BE IT!!!!!!

So I thought this time I should give more of a visual blog rather than blabbing forever about the show. Rehearsals are going great and this is a taste of what you are about to experience on stage. Its all about INTERACTION, letting yourself go and having a laugh. Its a GREAT SHOW, its SUGGESTIVE, its SEXY, and the music ROCKS!!! Ever been to a live concert?...No? Then watch the Rocky Horror Show... Yes? Then come watch the Rocky Horror Show... ITS BETTER!!