Tuesday, January 9, 2007

The Blessed Letter & My Conclusions

So basically I was due to receive a very important letter from the Royal Academy in London.
Rachel Fabri, star of the seasons, received it and got a place at the Royal Academy... Jiena ta master of conclusions li jien, I concluded that I should receive it too so I went outside my door, took my 'bide my time' material and waited for Mr.Postman. Mr. Postman arrived with NO MAIL. I was not a happy puppy so I ran back upstairs and sulked.

Next day... this was SURELY the day when I would receive this envelope. THE WHOLE fucken world knew that i was due to receive it...including all the panto cast because I made such a fuss the day before. Anyway, the postman comes... and my mother wakes me up with a loud and booming voice 'NO POST!' - qisa biex tinkini madonna! This meant that I would have to wait for another 3 days because there was New Years Eve, New Years Day and finally the day where life goes back to normal EXCEPT MALTAPOST...they decided ...let's close down! Matthew can wait for another day for his post. I was so mad that I ran into the bathroom to take a piss and slammed the door so hard that the hinges nearly came off and I'm sure my mothers' precious madum was shaken up a little!

Next day I run to my phone at 10am to call Maltapost... They say... Oh if you haven't received it because it probably went to Malasia. I replied 'MALASIA'. He said 'ehe'. I said... 'WHAT?'. He said 'ehe'. This was just the limit... Maltapost officially SUCK!

Next day I decide OK let's give Malta-fucken-post a chance... let's tell the royal academy to send another letter... maybe they get it right this time... so i emailed them and admissions said they PASSED IT ON to the musical theatre department... noqghodu nghidu ghad dipartimenti tal-gvern! L-Inglizi l-istess! Anyway, 2 days later I decide I would like to see if this letter has been sent so I ask to be put through to the musical theatre department with a secretary who sounds exactly like every answering machine you have ever heard (I learn from Ben that she is indeed a big cassa..) who said 'Oh yes...your letter... it was mentioned that you had problems... erm.. yes... they just had a meeting about it... they havent sent it yet... they have to decide about it very soon though and we will inform you by EMAIL! Now I will have you know that i had been grovelling to get a reply by email or over the phone for over a week and they would not have it... imma insomma!

So I concluded, I am going to take a decision... I am going to go to the GSA Conservatoire.
I was accepted there immediately which means they have faith in me.. its a Masters course and its a group of just 15 people...Come on Jean and Rejxi lets INVADE GUILDFORD!

Eh bilhaqq... I also learn while I was at work last time that there are about 3 other people coming up on the music course... Ghal naqra mahniex se ntellaw il qassatat ta malta, il gallettini u naqra kirxa u gbejniet..just in case we lose are cultural identity and mass branding (courtousy of Brand Malta and Pia Zammit's voice on the radio!)

So bring on September 2007!
WOOOHOOO!

6 comments:

Queen Pea said...

well matt dahling ... thanks for the mention. congratulations on the decision taken.

AND 0/10 FOR THE 'FUCKEN' (SIC) SPELLING!!!!

MALASIA??????? WHERE'S THE 'Y' ?

why am i shouting?

why can't you spell?

why do we say 'take a piss' when in actual fact - we LEAVE one.

whhhyyyyyyy does this pianist hate me?

GUFFAW

prosit hon
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Matt said...

When I write blogs, these thinfs dont count Pea darling!!

Queen Pea said...

istra i noticed!!!!
LOL!!!
you make my head hurt

Anonymous said...

Issa i'll give you some ġbejniet to take with you :P

Congrats dude :)

Steven said...

Haha WOW!
Quite a descriptive account on what went on! Glad it all turned out in the end. GL wit it all matt

TC =)

maltaposthorrors said...

you can read more about the horrors of malta post here maltaposthorrors.blogspot.com

My Active Social Life

The Rocky Horror Diary Part 3 ....DONT DREAM IT.....BE IT!!!!!!

So I thought this time I should give more of a visual blog rather than blabbing forever about the show. Rehearsals are going great and this is a taste of what you are about to experience on stage. Its all about INTERACTION, letting yourself go and having a laugh. Its a GREAT SHOW, its SUGGESTIVE, its SEXY, and the music ROCKS!!! Ever been to a live concert?...No? Then watch the Rocky Horror Show... Yes? Then come watch the Rocky Horror Show... ITS BETTER!!